Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rain and Work Permit

OK, so I thought I was leaving cold weather behind when I left the US. But, apparently I have brought cool weather with me. It has rained more in Uganda than I have ever seen it rain. I have had to wear a jacket more in the last two months than I did in all of the previous years. All this cold weather means that the cold/cough that came with me from the states has persistently hung on. Oh well. Guess it will eventually get to the dry season and then I'll be complaining of the heat and of the dust.
On another note, I turned in everything I needed today for my work permit. This is a time of anxiety for me. Every year when I turn in the application, I have nightmares of it being denied and then try to figure out what will be next for me. I'm trying not to think too much about it this time but it's still there in the back of my mind. Oh and to help my cough and in order to completely get everything turned in for the application, I had to climb up and down 11 flights of stairs today. This was quite an accomplishment considering that the cold/cough has aggravated my asthma. How I missed elevators today!

No comments: