Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Recent Conversation With Jackie

Ever since Jackie has been home, she has slept in my room in my bed, which she boldly proclaims is our room and our bed. I'm not real sure when it ceased being mine and became ours.
In the other room, there is a twin size bed where Yosam sleeps as well as a triple decker where Mary sleeps, leaving two extra spaces for whoever else might be here. Recently I was thinking how great it would be to have my room back and my bed back so I thought maybe since all the kids get along so well, I could convince Jackie that being a big girl meant moving into the other room.
Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Jackie, why don't you sleep in the big bed with Mary? That would mean you are really a big girl now.
Jackie: That room is for THE CHILDREN. I'll stay in OUR room.
End of conversation. Somehow she isn't a big girl, she's a full grown woman that doesn't want to move into the kids' room.
Needless to stay she is still sleeping in our room and in our bed........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

. . . but that's why you love her! Little Miss Independent.

Grant G said...

So she didn't move out of your bed after all? How about tonight? Gonna try it again? She's is so precious! That girl knows what she wants and where she's going!

STACI J GUTHRIE said...

I agree with James!

Grant G said...

Ummmm hummm....she knows what she wants and where she's going! Good luck tonight!