Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Who Says Women Talk All The Time

Women are supposed to talk all the time, right? Well, this past Friday night I went on a retreat with about twenty or so other women. And, yes, Friday night there was a lot of talking and catching up with each other as well as meeting new sisters.
However, on Saturday morning we were instructed to wake up in silence. I loved it. For the first time in I don't know how many months, I was able to shower and get ready for my day in quiet. It was so peaceful and to make it all the better we woke up to the sound of rain. I love the sound of rain early in the morning.
After breakfast, we spent the next three hours in silence. However, for all of us it wasn't total silence. Even though we weren't speaking to each other, each of us heard a word from One who is a far greater friend, lover, father than any of us could ever dream of.
Then after our "silent" time, we came together and shared with each other what we had heard from the Lord and as ladies tend to do there were some tears as well as some laughs.
I was so grateful for this time. It was a time that I could spend alone with my God without all the distractions of life and even without the distraction of my talking to God. I didn't even have to do anything.I got to just sit in His presence and listen to Him.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love this! I'm so glad you're writing! Thanks for the commentary suggestion... and for double-dipping cheese sticks with me... and for listening alongside me!

See ya tonight!