Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

They Really Do Get It

Every day at school and every Sunday at church, the kids get to hear about Jesus. I've never really been sure how much they really understand. I still don't think they get it to the level that adults get it (or at least some adults) but they do get it. In their own simplified way, they do understand truth.
Jackie comes home after school and "teaches" me her Bible lesson for the day. Yesterday, she went even further and was talking to the house helper we have at home. A little side note: I finally had to break down and get someone to help me at home. It was proving to be way too much to fight sickness, take care of 3 children, run a school, and actually keep my house clean. So, I hired someone to be helping me at home with cleaning up, doing some of the cooking, and helping me from time to time with the kids. And, it's been a God send.
Anyway, back to the point of this post. The house helper is Muslim. She prays regularly so I'm not sure that Jackie really sees any difference in the two religions. I was sitting in the office on the computer. Jackie and Yosam were outside playing when I heard Jackie begin to tell our helper all kinds of things.
"Do you know Satan is weak?"
"Do you know God is strong?"
"Do you know Jesus walked on water?"
"Do you know that when we pray God hears us?"
"Do you know that when we have a problem or are sick, we can tell God and He can help us?"
I was so filled with joy hearing all these things. In her own kiddish way, Jackie is getting it! She loves God with all her heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

she's has a beautiful smile! So happy to hear that it is overflowing from the joy in her heart.

Shelia H. said...

out of the mouths of babes! they do get it! God only requires us to train them up in the word (Deut 6) & be Godly examples for them & they will get it. on a personal note, it was my daughter's evangelism that led me back to the Lord. she'd come home every day (b/c i put her in Christian school) & in her sweet, childish way, she'd minister the word of God to me about my sinful lifestyle. who knows, maybe Jackie will lead your housekeeper to Christ!