Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

BIrthday and New Apartment

So, my birthday passed (June 23) here in Uganda. It was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while. I received lots of birthday wishes from friends in the states and had fun with friends here in Uganda. That morning I attended our weekly women's Bible study. This is a group of women from 3 different churches, different statuses in life (married, single, children, childless, grandchildren, working, students), but who are love the Lord. Currently we are studying a book called Trusting God. We have no leader. There's no teacher or students. We are all equal and we pour into each other. It's been a wonderful source of strength for me here.
Later that evening I went with my new roommate and some of our other friends to the beach in Entebbe on the shores of Lake Victoria where we proceeded to devour 3 fresh fish all roasted or deep fried to perfection. It was the best tasting fish I've had in a long time.
More about the new roommate. I thought it was going to take much longer for me to find housing but thank God I found a place quickly. It's an unexpected place for me. It's far from where I was looking and about 40 minutes- an hour commute to and from where I am working depending on traffic. But, it's cheaper than anything I could find around where I wanted and I have the unexpected blessing of a godly roommate. Our personalities seem to compliment each other. It's been a joy to have company in the house in the evenings, especially where the power is off. Plus the apartment is more than I could ask for. It is spacious and has wonderful security. The landlord is still an issue to be debated though. He's a bit slow on fixing things that need to be done around the place.

No comments: