Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Crazy Faith

At times when I think about where God has brought me from I wonder if it's real or if I'm dreaming, especially when I look at my last few years in Uganda. I came here the first time with no committed support. I keep asking myself how I managed. There were times when from day to day I didn't know where the next meal would be coming from. However, I survived and have kept learning more and more to trust in God. After all, He is the source of my provision, not man. It is He that puts it on the heart of man to help me to do His work.
I have to constantly remind myself of this fact, even now. When I look at the support I have coming in compared to the plans that I have, I have to constantly remind myself that my plans are not my plans. I can plan, but it is only God that can bring them to pass.
You see, I plan to start a school for orphans, abandoned, and other vulnerable children in January. When I look at my support, it looks impossible. In my own eyes, I think I need more than double what is actually coming in. But, I'm convinced that with God's help, that I should begin and that everything that is needed will be provided in His time.
To many this may seem crazy, and at times, I actually feel that it is crazy. However, I want to stretch my faith and watch as God does far more than what I can imagine.

No comments: