Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Catch Up

Many have emailed me to wonder what is going on since I've not posted anything in almost a month. Life has been busy and when I rarely make it to the internet cafe, I've just got a few minutes to send a few emails (that is when the internet is actually working). What's been going on:
A group (Teen Serve) was here from July 12-29 to help with ministry here. We spent most of that time moving from school to school doing VBS with children. While hosting a group of 25 people, I didn't get much time to get online. We had fun though. There were lots of laughs and it was nice to see some faces from home.
Another addition to my ever growing family: Jacque. This is the young girl I told you about from the medical mission. She started attending my school when the term began but things weren't going so well for her at home. The family asked me to take her permanently. We got letters signed from local officials and she moved in about two weeks ago. My life has completely changed. It had already changed when Mary moved in, but with a 5 year old that looks as though she's 2 (she weighs only 22 pounds), there have been even more changes. I'm having to be responsible for someone's life. Her medicine has to be given strictly on time. Not to mention, bed times, meals, she can't be left alone in the house, extra clothes to wash, and the separation anxiety. I've only left her twice since she's come and neither time did it go over too well with her.
So that should catch you up a bit on what is happening in my life on this side of the world. Hopefully I'll be able to do a better job of keeping this thing updated.

No comments: