Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

2015 Trip To The U.S.

So, after not being in the U.S. for 7 years, I finally decided it was time to go........  There's so much to say about the trip that I really don't know where to start.  I wish I would have blogged while there, so many different things that we did, so many different feelings felt, etc. that's it's hard to put it all into words now.  So many months have gone by and it would be just a really long post.
So, I'll stick to the highlights.  We stayed with some really amazing people.  We were first in Illinois for the first half of our trip and stayed with a wonderful family.  The girls decorated their first Easter eggs and had their first Easter egg hunt.  We visited ICM (a shelter helping formerly homeless people get back on their feet) and drove past the arch in St. Louis several times.  We went to the Children's Museum in St. Louis (my kids had a blast their).  The highlight for me was hanging out with great friends and getting to speak the language of sarcasm.
Then it was on to Oklahoma.  Again, amazing people.  We got to attend Nomads (which I think I wrote about at the very beginning of this blog), did some shopping, and had visitors from Arkansas come up to spend time with us.
All around the trip was great.  We didn't do much fundraising but there was a lot of rest and refreshing (which was needed way more than I realized).
I took only about 3 pictures the entire trip so here are a few that I "stole" from FB.









No comments: