Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Never Leave Home Without Them

This morning I woke up wondering what I was going to be doing for the day. Each Saturday is different. Sometimes I spend it working at the church. Sometimes I spend it hanging out with the kids.
Today I decided that I would do some work at the church in the morning and then go to visit a friend in the afternoon. My roommate and I attend the same church so we decided to leave the house together this morning and she would do some things at the church until she had to go to a meeting.
As we were rushing to leave the house, I locked my room. We lock our bedrooms here just in case a thief enters the house. He would have to work a little harder to move around to the different rooms. Anyway, since we were rushing, I let my roommate lock the front door.
What I didn't realize was that I didn't pick up my key to the front door.
I didn't realize I didn't have my key until she had left for her meeting and I had gone home to pick up something. It was then that I realized I couldn't enter the house.
This means I'm finding different things to do today which don't involve returning home and will have to find something to do until around 10 tonight when she will be returning from her meeting.
Lesson learned: Slow down enough to make sure I have my keys.

No comments: