Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just To Be A Kid


One of these children is an AIDS orphan.

Two of the children in this photo are from a Sudanes refugee family.






Two of the four children in this photo are HIV+
Two of these children are total orphans. The rest have only one surviving parent.
The last couple of days I've been watching my kids. They amaze me! They all come from all sorts of unimaginable circumstances: AIDS orphans, some are taking care of their mom dying of AIDS, some are children that are raising their siblings. Others are from the streets, driven their by circumstance, not by choice.
But, in the last week, I've got the privilege of watching them get a chance to be what they are: KIDS. They show up early in the morning and the laughter, the shouts, the running, the fun begins. For a few hours, they get to forget their problems. They get to enjoy life. They get to lay aside their worries. They get to eat breakfast. They get to eat lunch. They get to feel loved and cared for.
This week has been stressful for me, worrying about finances. But, in the worry, I get that reminder that it's all worth it. That for every tear I cry, every prayer I pray, my kids get the benefit. All the tears have been worth seeing their smiles!

1 comment:

STACI J GUTHRIE said...

What beautiful children - and worth every tear.