Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Another Year!

2010! I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday people were scared about all the craziness that could possibly happen at the turn of a century, 2000! Well, nothing happened. The world didn't stop and we've passed another decade......
Every year people ask what kind of resolutions will be made for the next year. I don't really make them as I think I should be resolved to make changes regardless of the time of the year. I do like to look back over the past year and reflect on what were some of the blessings and joys, accomplishments, some of the struggles, disappointments, and things I should have done differently. 2009 was no different. There have been many of all of the above.
Let me just share a few of each:
Blessings: sharing my life and learning from so many precious children, watching their lives tangibly change, wonderful friends and working under a wonderful missions organizaion
Joys: Jackie beating cancer, praying and worshipping with the kids, visits from people from the states (this was the first year that has actually happened in 8 years)
Accomplishments: getting the school started, raising the funding for back to school first term 2010 (although this had nothing to do with me, it was all God!), goal to reach 50 children in the sponsorship program before the end of 2009 (ended with 66)
Struggles: getting the school started, living with teenagers (all of them girls......), keeping my mind focused and not dwelling on the past
Disappointments: the end of a very dear friendship (I'm still praying that it will be reconciled), death of several friends and children, having to let some staff go (due to their not working up to standard)
Things I should have done differently: time management, time management, time management and many more which I won't share here

So, overall, 2009 was a wonderful year! I don't regret having passed through it, learned a lot in the course of the year, and am looking forward to see what 2010 holds!

No comments: