Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

So, I woke up today and realized that on the other side of the world it is a public holiday. I've been so busy that I hadn't even thought about it. Some holidays, like Thanksgiving, I've been able to celebrate here in the past. For instance, on one Thanksgiving, my roommates and I celebrated by going out to eat on the Saturday after. Ok, so not really a true Thanksgiving celebration but it worked and gave us an excuse to go out to eat.
But, today since it doesn't look like I will be celebrating. It is work as usual.
I have heard though that the American embassy is having something but since I'm not registered with the embassy I have received no updates about it. Also, for some reason, none of the other missionaries are choosing to attend, possibly due to the fact that many of the expats here tend to like to do things that most missionaries won't be seen doing here.
So, guess it's another day as usual, whatever a usual day for me here is.

No comments: