Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last Week

So, last week was a loooonnnnng week. It started out with a phone call from the director of Every Nation on Sunday night. He was wanting to know if I had sent him an email that day asking for him to send money. I hadn't even been on the internet that day so it was not good news to find that someone had send an email out asking for money to be sent.
The next morning I went to an internet cafe with a slightly swollen foot to find that someone had changed my password and I couldn't get into my email account. I sat there for a few minutes working on getting back in the account and finally when I did discovered that the person had sent the same email out to many people. It was an email pretending to be me and asking that money be put on a friend's account (a friend that I do not know). So, I sat there most of the afternoon emailing people to not send any money to any account except to Every Nation unless they first speak to me by phone.
I also checked my facebook account and found that the same thing had been done. So, more messages to be sent out. I changed all my passwords and am praying that this has rectified the situation.
By the time I reached home I was in a lot of pain because of the swollen foot. I could barely walk and it was slightly purple. The week before I had worn tennis shoes which had rubbed blisters on the back of my feet. I knew that my foot was probably infected so the next morning I woke up and went to the clinic at the church. The nurse, a missionary here for a couple of months from Alabama, confirmed that I did have infection in my foot. This is not the first time this has happened here. I tried to explain to her what they did the last time but being the medical professional, she chose to ignore what I was saying and do her own thing. She gave me an antibiotic that I had told her I don't react well to, saying that if I would eat with it there would be no problem.
So, I went home with the antibiotic and spent the whole next day puking. By that evening my roommate became concerned because I had a high temperature, couldn't stop puking (even though there was no longer anything in my stomach), and my foot looked worse. So, she called the pastor to come and pick me up and take me back to the clinic.
I returned to the nurse and she realized that the antibiotic and I really didn't get along. So, I spent that night on IV meds and getting rehydrated. The next day more of the same. Hopefully, the next time she has a patient tell her something she will listen instead of deciding that because she spent 5 years in school that she knows the patient's body better than the patient.

No comments: