Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Without Things

Before I left from the states, I was franctically running around trying to buy all of the things that I thought I would need while here. Needless to say that I ran out of time and many things had to be left behind for shopping at a later date.
Upon arriving here, I realized again how stupid it was to try to buy everything before coming here. Almost everything (well, almost everything....... still haven't found hot cheetos anywhere) can be purchased here. Sometimes at a cheaper price and sometimes not. I think next time I should better focus on buying those things that are expensive here or that I can't find here.
Another thing I noticed is that life is so simple here but at the same time so busy. This means that most of the time, I don't have time for things. It seems life is more simple with less stuff and I seem to be even more content. Perhaps this is because there is less focus here on things and more focus on relationships. I'll have to remember this the next time I am shopping and think that I absolutely have to have something. Some times it's probably better to leave those things behind.

No comments: