Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Return of the Rats

So, yesterday afternoon since I was off work and my roommate was also off we decided to pull out my laptop and lay around and watch movies. As we were watching and extremely funny Nigerian film, out of the corner of my eye I see this little creature running across the kitchen floor. (From my roommate's room you can see most of the kitchen cabnits). This little creature then chose to jump off the floor into one of the cabinets. So, I jump up and tell my roommate who is half asleep that I've just seen another rat, which, by the way, we thought we had exterminated them.

So, we rush to the kitchen and close all the doors leading into other rooms and cover the crack leading on the door leading outside. We then proceed to start trying to get the rat out of the cupboard. He/she must have know we were on a death mission because it quickly ran under the crack of the door leading to the bedrooms.
So, the next step was to set more rat traps and go back to our movie. When we finished watching the movie, I went to put my laptop back in its case and out the little creature ran. This time we were wiser than the rat and put something in front of the door to my bedroom so that it couldn't escape again under the door. Thankfully, I have not yet put any furniture in my room so it had no place to hide. After a few minutes, the rat met his death at the hands of my roommate and a really large shoe.

No comments: