Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It Has Been Getting Even Better

I've survived the first few weeks of starting the school. The first week was complete chaos but finally the kids seem to be settling into some semblance of a routine. This is saying a lot considering that most of these kids come from homes without rules. They've known no boundaries and pretty much do what they want when they want. There is little that they haven't seen or heard. However, I'm happy to say that they are learning that at school there are rules and boundaries. I'm also thankful that children can still be spanked in school here. It's amazing what a tiny switch can do.
Each one of them has their own individual personalities and they definitely know what they like and don't like. They've kept the days filled with smiles and lots of hugs. This week we started learning how to write number 1 and number 2. For the youngest ones, they don't quite get it but the older ones are eager to learn and are good at it.
Plus, the fellowship which I was introduced to last week has become a staple of my life. It's been refreshing to be ministered to without there being any expectations on me. I think this is going to slowly change though, which is ok with me.
I hate being in front of people in any way, shape or form. But, the pastor of this fellowship doesn't seem to recognize this or at least to acknowledge it. The Scriptures are read in both the local language and English and from the second time I went I found the mike always in my hands when it comes time to read anything in English. I guess that is another way God is going to push me to grow in my time here.
Other than that, I've loved the praise and worship and the fellowship with my friend that attends with me. We've grown closer to be more like sisters and her mom has taken it upon herself to make sure that I get a meal any time she sees me. Maybe I'll put back on some of the weight that I've lost!
So, overall, the last couple of weeks have no complaints. It's like there's been a rainbow at the end of a long rainy season!

No comments: