Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Wonderful Visit

I finally had someone to come and visit me in Uganda! It's been years and it finally happened. I hope more people start coming to visit. It was nice to have a face from home and to be able to have a conversation without minding about culture.
Since it was my boss visiting, I was a bit nervous at first. I had no idea what to expect or what he was expecting. But, as I'm learning is his usual way, he was very laid back and took things as they came.
Since his trip was brief, we didn't get to see much, especially no sight-seeing sites, but he did get a little taste of both the city center and the slum. He was able to meet some of the families that I've been working with and speak to our fellowship group there in the slum.
Although the last couple of his days here, were pretty much doing nothing since I was in the bed sick, I think overall the time went well.
One outcome of the trip is that I was given the go ahead to begin looking for a new location for the school. It's currently in my 4th floor apartment, not exactly ideal for 3 and 4 year olds. This means an added expense which I'll definitely need additional support for. As well as more space, this will mean adding more children. Thus, the need for more sponsors.
I know many of you reading this already support me, the school, or are sponsoring a child. Perhaps you could pass on a newsletter to a few friends or get them in touch with me to help raise this extra support..... It would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Eric G. said...

Sanyu,

Thanks for the wonderful visit. Hope you are feeling better. Anyone who reads this comment, what she is doing is amazing. She is truly a hero of mine. Support her work. I plan to...

Until ALL Have Heard,

Sanyu's boss...