Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Wonderful Week

This week has been by far one of my best since returning to Uganda.
Hadijah, my new teaching assistant, is awesome. She's a wonderful translator, great with the children, and disciplines in a loving way. Plus she knows lots of games and songs. What's even better is that she even knows a lot of Christian kid's songs to sing with the children. I really don't think it will be long for Truth to be revealed to her.
The kids are a lot of fun. I forgot how much 3 years old like to play and laugh. I love my job. I don't even feel like I'm working. I get to play right along with the kids. Of course, they're learning as well. So far this week, we've learned several new English phrases, how to draw a square and how to write number 1! I wonder how long 3 year olds remember those things.
I'm learning as well. I've learned 3 new and helpful phrases in Luganda: stop climbing on the door, get your hand out of the toilet and don't eat the crayons!
To top off such a smooth week at the school, I've had a wonderful week of fellowship with other Christians. I have a friend in the slum that is like a sister to me. Her mom has been a mom to me, always making sure I am eating and have plenty of fresh fruit. They live about a two minute walk from my house so this means that we are frequent visitors to each others' homes.
Plus, just between the two homes is a fellowship run by one of the local churches which we recently discovered. It's out in the open but they do have benches for people to sit on and some sound equipment. Ffor me it has been like a breath of fresh air. At this fellowship, I'm being equally poured into as I'm pouring out. The worship is awesome, something similar to being home at Emmanuel. They have a prayer fellowship/Bible study every evening except Sunday. Sunday every one goes to the main branch of the church for service which is also a nearby walk. The services start at 6 p.m. and go until. Last night I didn't leave until11 p.m. I've attended every night this week and have felt so refreshed.
I hadn't realized how spiritually dry I had been feeling until attending the first worship service there. I left when I felt replenished and again filled with joy. I was so excited to have found the fellowship that on that first night, I could barely sleep.
I am so thankful that after the weeks of discouragement that God has brought peace back into my life!

No comments: