Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can You Fix Your Hair Please?

So, my 3 year old boys at school are a trip! I've got one that if he was about 30 years older would have already claimed me for his wife. But, since he's just a baby, he'll have to wait and find another one at a later date. I'm sure by that time he'll have forgotten all about Aunt Cari.

Bashir is always very free to speak his mind to me. This is the kid that if you look back a few months you can see the post about the clothes he gave me. The gifts have continued: a purse one day, a CD the next, air time on most days. Now, they are not always new. Of course, the CD was picked up off the side of the road some place along his walk to school and the air time is already used. But, it's the thought that counts!

When I first came back last year, I had almost no hair. It was like an inch long. Not it is just about touching my shoulders. If it wasn't so curly, it probably would touch my shoulders. Anyway, today I combed it and threw it in a ponytail. I was rushing to take Jackie to the doctor so I wasn't minding too much how it looked. I thought it was decent, not wonderful, but at least decent.

Upon walking out of my bedroom into the school room (which is still in my sitting room), Bashir promptly informed me that my hair was really big. Not smart (which in Ugandan English means I wasn't looking good). He then told me to go and cut it. When I asked him how short, he told me to cut it completely off!

Tempting. It's been so hot recently that I have thought about going back to a really short hair style. It would be much easier! But, then again, I get bored with short hair so I guess I'll be keeping it long for a while. I'll just try to make sure my ponytail is not so big, at least when Bashir is around!

No comments: