Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Butt Is Growing Big!

Since Jackie came home she has been steadily gaining weight and growing taller. When she came to live with me she was wearing clothes for an 18 month old baby. Now those clothes are too small for her although some of her favorites she still insists on squeezing into.
Yesterday was one of those days. She wanted to wear her jeans. Some things I don't see the point in arguing with her on and what she wears is one of them. I figure as long as she's taking her medicine without complaining, other things can be left alone. So, I allowed her to wear the jeans.
I had to go to one of the boarding schools to check on some of my kids. I rarely move anywhere without Jackie tagging along so we headed to the school, Jackie in her too tight jeans. Taxis are almost always overcrowded. They are supposed to carry only 14 passengers. I've been in one with 30 before. Yesterday, we were squeezed in with 20 other people.
Along the route, Jackie decided to let everyone in the taxi know that her jeans were too small for her. She's not in the least bit shy. That was embarrassing enough but then when they asked her why they were too small, Jackie proudly announced to everyone that her butt is growing big. Everyone laughed. I wanted to crawl under a seat. Too bad the taxi was so crowded. I had no where to go.
This proves that although Jackie has been really sick, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her mind. She understood all the comments people made about her size and how she looked. She is too excited that she is growing big!

No comments: