Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Pebble Up Her Nose

In the past few months, there have been many times when I've asked myself am I a missionary or a nurse. I've been puked on, cleaned I don't know how many bloody knees, and yesterday removed (well, helped) a pebble from Doreen's nose.
We got moved into the new school building over the weekend. A little side note: I fwas really pleased that all of the parents to the children that will be in the building, some of the parents to my big kids and even some of the big kids themselves showed up to clean, paint and help move things in!
Yesterday was our first day in the new building. The kids were all really excited. They love having a big open space to run around and play. There isn't any playground equipment yet so they pretty much are left up to playing on their own. Usually this is ok.
But, I have one little girl, Doreen, who we have to watch closely. She likes putting anything in her mouth and eating it. This went a step beyond yesterday when she proceeded to stick a pebble up her nose. It didn't seem to be bothering her too much because she came to me and proudly showed me what she had done.
I was like, uh...... you have a pebble in your nose. Great, now what do we do? She then started digging in her nose pushing it further into her nose while we're all shouting for her to keep her finger out of her nose. This is when she started crying. I think she had pushed it a little too far and it was starting to hurt.
I didn't see anyway of get it out. Luckily after me telling her to blow her nose for about five minutes the pebble flew out. We will now be watching that Doreen to make sure that she not only doesn't eat things but that she doesn't stick them in her nose as well. We probably should also be watching out for her sticking things in her ears!

No comments: