Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Not Forgotten

This is Jonathan or Jonah or Yonah. He is one of the most recent additions to the school. He joined us mid-October just a couple of weeks after his mother's death. Although he was a bit too young to be in school this year, I didn't have the heart to leave him at home while allowing his brother, Kevin who is 4 years old, to come. I let him go ahead and start coming if for nothing else than to eat breakfast and lunch every day. Kevin will move up to Middle Class (sort of like K4 while Jonah repeats Baby Class (kind of like K3).
When Jonah first started coming to school, he would cling to me most of the day. All he wanted was to be held. I spent most of those first few days with him on my hip. Now, he's used to school, and although at times still wants to be carried, he's full of life. He cracks us up with his silly antics and amazing smile!
A little over a week ago, Jonathan had no sponsor. Within minutes of me emailing out my newsletter, one of my "moms" from the states emailed and said that she would sponsor him. So, while life has had a rough start for Jonah, things are looking up. God did not forget this precious little boy. God has made a way for Jonathan to attend school, get two meals a day and to daily hear about how much he is loved by God.
There are millions of other children around the world that while the world forgets about them, God hasn't forgotten. Pray for these children to know that they really aren't forgotten, that there is Someone that truly cares for them and what happens to them, and for more children to get to experience the gift of feeling loved by someone somewhere in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sanyu said...

I couldn't read the previous comment so in not being sure of what it said, I'm going to delete it.