Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Babies' Dedication


Last Sunday we had both Jurnee and Joelee dedicated in church.  We should have done it a while ago for Jurnee but while I was hugely pregnant just figured we'd wait until Joelee got here and do it at once!

Our church doesn't practice infant baptism but does baby dedication.  This comes from the story of Hannah when she dedicated Samuel to the Lord.



We were asked a couple of questions, both of which we answered yes to.  One was if we believed in Jesus and the other was if we were committed to raising our children in the knowledge of Christ (I don't remember the exact wording used but something along those lines.......  I'm nervous any time I'm in front of people, even if I don't have to say anything.)



Jurnee wasn't too thrilled at being taken away from her daddy.  The plan was for Pastor Josh to hold her and I hold Joelee as he prayed.  That wasn't what Jurnee had planned so she was quickly given back to her daddy.



Love our church!  Great worship.  Love the program for the kids.  Strong Biblical teaching.  And people from all over the world worshiping one God together!

No comments: