Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tenacious Hope

Hope- a strong and confident expectation that God is real, present, and working for my good, even when life spins out of control

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in Him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7-8

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hop that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.  You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.----  Anne Lamott

Today I find myself questioning hope.  Am I hoping for things that are not even God's will for my life? Am I hanging on to things I need to let go of?  

A little prayer taken from Becoming a Woman of Extraordinary Faith by Julie Clinton- "Lord, give me hope in the areas of my life where I've quit believing that things could be any different.  Give me wisdom to know the difference between my heart's hopes and your plans for me.  Even when you say no, God, I want to trust you."

No comments: