Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Tender Heart

Ok, so blogging every day for 31 straight days is proving to be a challenge.  I'm not sure what I was thinking????  A newborn and I'm going to have time to write each day.  I'm finding that most of the time I have only the few minutes before it clocks midnight into the next day......  Anyway, on to today's topic!
How do you discipline a child with a tender heart.  I find it to be easier (for myself) but wonder what the future will hold.
I find it easier because she seems to be sensitive to the fact that she's done something wrong and quick to say she's sorry.  But, that also means that she is somewhat of a people pleaser.  That scares me for her in the future.
Discipline with her is quite easy at the moment.  Usually, I don't have to do much more than say stop.  She responds well and seems to understand when we talk about right and wrong and making good choices.
I worry about her wanting to please people so badly that they lead her astray.  I want her to be confident and not feel like she has to please me or others to be loved and accepted.
The down side to her being so tender hearted is that she can have a meltdown at times and I never want to discipline her in a way that will break her spirit.

No comments: