Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Waiting

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6
Waiting on the Lord. Putting my hope in Him and His Word. I'm not very good at these two things.
I don't like waiting. I grow impatient. I want to take matters into my own hands, "fix" things for myself.
Hope is difficult for me. I'm usually a bit pessimistic, telling myself that I'm just preparing myself for any outcome of the situation. This usually means that I'm preparing and therefore expecting the worst. I think what it boils down to is that I fear being hurt or disappointed.
Right now I'm still waiting for my work permit. I"m frustrated. I don't feel very hopeful. I'm expecting the worst.
I know these are areas in my life that need some working on.
God, please help me to work on them. Help me to wait patiently. Help me to keep my hope and trust in you.

No comments: