Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first official day (for my school) of the third term. However, since Jackie spends most Mondays in the hospital, meaning I spend most Mondays in the hospital, today was our first day of school.
Thankfully, this term I won't be doing much teaching. Hadijah, my teaching assistant is still there and last week I hired Betty, a social worker who will be doubling as teacher for a while.
Anyway, my routine is to wake up at 5, have a while to myself for reading the Bible, and wake Jackie up at 6 for breakfast so that she doesn't take meds at 7 on an empty stomach.
She usually sleeps through my waking up and I usually have to drag her out of bed and practically bribe her to eat breakfast. This morning she was awake at 5:30! She had finished breakfast by 6:15 and at 6:30 was asking why were we not starting school! I'm so glad she loves school. With all that she's gone and going through, it's a joy to see her having fun and happy about something.

No comments: