Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Much To Do, So Little Time

The third and last term of the school year has begun. Craziness, as usual. Shopping is done. Now there are so many children that for a few days my sitting room looks like a small shop until all of their items for school have been delivered to the rightful owner.
The term actually began this past Monday for most schools. On Sunday, I delivered all of the boarders to school. No small feat this time as I've added several new children, two being a couple of young girls off the street. Pray they will manage being in a structured environment and won't try to escape from school.
My school should have started as well on Monday. I knew last week when Jackie was so sick that there was no way this was going to happen. I decided to delay opening for another week. We'll begin on the 14th, hopefully in the new building. This will depend on whether the toilets have been completed. If not complete, we'll have to start from my house.
I'm still not real sure how I'm going to pull off beginning school next week. I still have absolutely nothing done. Not one color sheet has been printed. Not one lesson plan is finished. I'm praying for God to relieve Jackie of all pain for the next few days (for a lifetime) so that I can get some things done. I've discovered I can get a lot done while holding a crying child on my hip. However, traveling to town to print and make photocopies is another story. I haven't figured out how to avoid her screams disturbing other customers.
I just thought about something...... I won't be around for the first day of school. Jackie has two hospital appointments that day. One at the AIDS clinic. The other for the next round of chemo. Pray my teaching assistant shows up and can handle the day on her own!

No comments: