Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Beginning of the Holiday Break Insanity

The first term of school is coming to an end. My kids have one more day to go. Other schools let their kids out last Friday and others have been getting out throughout this week.
Every holiday, I always have children raid my house. Some stay there because the situation in their homes is unbearable. Others just have no where to go. Some are kids I've taken off the streets. Others are total orphans. Whatever the situation, I want them to feel like they always have a place where they are welcome.
Every holiday there seems to be a new addition so I'm guessing that they all feel welcome. They keep coming back!
This holiday will be no different. It all began yesterday evening when I went to pick up three young ladies from school. One a total orphan. Two others abandoned by their family.
This is their first time staying at my place for the holidays so I decided to pick them up first so that they could get settled in. Others will start arriving tomorrow and the madness will be in full effect! Actually, it's never been bad. These kids are amazing!

No comments: