Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beginning of Holiday Outing

The holidays have begun and of course they need to be started with something fun! Since not all of the children had yet arrived at my house by Saturday, my boss and I decided to take the three that had to Garden City. That way we could enjoy and it wouldn't be too expensive as we would be few.
We arrived at Garden City around six in the evening and went straight to the eating places. The kids all enjoyed chicken and chips (french fries) while my boss and I decided on pizza. The kids tasted the pizza and all decided they didn't like it. Who would have guessed children don't like pizza?
Then we spent a couple of hours just walking around looking through the windows at the different shops. Then, time for ice cream! Everyone loves ice cream and the kids did as well.
Then we goofed off at the mall taking photos of anything and everything until around 11 in the evening. Of course, most shops were closed but the main part stays open late since there is a club on the top floor.
These children are really amazing. I watch them sometimes and am blown away but what God is doing in their lives. They've had so many obstacles put in their way but they just seem to hurdle over it all. It's really blessed me to be a part of their lives.

No comments: