Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Vomit

So, it seems April is a month of posting about body functions. Sorry for that but it seems since I'm working around 3 and 4 year olds most of my time, it seems to be something I'm experiencing a lot of. You know the usual stuff.... constant coughs and runny noses. This morning I realized I am beginning to feel like a professional snot wiper.
Anyway, I have a little guy in my school that is a real heartbreaker. He's the one that gave me the capris and is the child that refuses to leave in the afternoons when school is over. He's also my roughest kid. But, probably one of the brightest. So, this week he's had a really good week. He's not cussed anyone out. He's not hit anyone. He's not thrown a fit. He's participated in the lessons. So, when school was out, he didn't want to go home. I decided to give him a reward for his good behavior and let him stay and hang out with me for a while. That went well. He played with the puzzles and books that I have and colored with the markers.
Today was also a day that some of the children that are sponsored are getting their holidays from school so I needed to go to one of the schools to pick up one of the children. My little guys still wasn't ready to go home so his grandmother told me just to take him with me and bring him when I bring the other child since they are neighbors. Not a problem to me. So we headed to the school. All was still going well. We picked up the other child. All was still well. We headed back home. Things were going well until out of no where, the little guy decided to vomit. No warning. And the worst part was we were in public transportation. The child was covered in vomit. I was covered in vomit. The child I was picking from school was covered in vomit and because I was sitting in the middle with the little guy on my lap, the person sitting on the other side of me was also covered in vomit. Plus the driver was not in the least bit happy.
The driver stopped the car and made us clean up the kid on the side of the road since he was the one wearing the most vomit and since we are in Africa, we just stripped the kid and he proceeded the rest of the trip naked while the rest of us wiped off best we could but were smelling not just a little bit foul.
Thankfully when I reached the kid's house, he has aunt's that live there that are my size so I was able to bathe and change clothes. Good for me so that I didn't have to go home before coming to the internet cafe to tell this story and to also catch up on some emails!

No comments: