Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

They Can Make You Laugh And They Can Make You Cry




I have no idea if these pics show up well or not. The computer I'm on has them looking so dark so possibly they really look that way or possibly I'm just using a very old, third world computer.
Anyway, on to the subject of this post. These kids were so tough the first couple of weeks. I thought I had lost my mind for starting the school and was wondering if I was going to survive it. They could cuss us out, climb the doors, throw fits, were obnoxious, were un-cooperative, and had no concept of obedience or order or anything else of that nature. I never literally cried about it but it was definitely rough.
Now, after almost two months, and within a week of school starting, the introduction of a switch, the kids are actually really enjoyable. They have become sweet little children, with only a rare need for the switch. I've gone almost two weeks now without being cussed out.
And it's becoming fun to play games with them. They're learning to take turns and are even starting to show concern for each other. Today was a day when I didn't stop laughing. They kept doing things to amuse us. Now it is in a cute, sweet way instead of the old looking for any kind of attention even if it's negative way. Their smiles are becoming constant which is definitely contagious. Plus they are learning!

No comments: