Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

End of Term One Celebration 2009








Ok, I know it's a lot of photos! But, there could have been many more. Yesterday was the last day of school for the first term and we had to celebrate the kids completing their first term, taking their first exams, and just generally celebrate the beginning of their month long holiday.
We had no lessons for the entire day, which the kids as well as the teachers enjoyed. We played games (sort of like having a field day, only inside in our case), laughed a lot, took lots of photos, and gave the children chicken again for lunch! I think the chicken was their favorite part and also playing in the water after eating the chicken.
Their hands were so greasy after lunch that they all needed their hands and faces washed. Only problem is the water issue I've been having for the past week: no water. I have it stored in 10 and 20 liter containers so we still had some but very little. So for hand washing, water was put in a large saucepan, soap was given and the children all washed themselves- at the same time. Not the greatest hygiene but it got the job done and they had fun in the process.
Now I won't be teaching them for the next month. I'll miss the noise in the house, especially being greeted each morning with their smiles and hugs. Lucky for me I am in the slum every day so will still get to see them.
Plus, I still have a house full of children for the holidays, some of them actually arrived in time to celebrate with us yesterday.
Pray for the children during the holidays. Pray for their safety, their health, etc.

No comments: