Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time for Rejoicing!

Today has been a great day, one that I very much needed. The past few weeks have been so discouraging that I really needed God to show me that He sees, still cares and is working on it.
I got word yesterday that someone was going to sponsor one of brothers to one of the boys already being sponsored. There are 3 brothers in the same family and without sponsors won't go to school. The youngest is going to be a student in my school and the older two are going to be in a local school. By faith, this morning I enrolled both of the older boys in the local school. I'm believing that someone will come along to sponsor the 3rd brother. If not, my family just got a little bit bigger. It's always exciting for me to be able to put a child in school. It changes his/her life. That child is given the chance at a much brighter future. (just finished reading an email and someone is going to sponsor the 3rd brother). Oh, how faith works.
Then after leaving the school, I went into town to meet with the attorney. This last month has been a long process of many meetings with him, waiting for him to clean up the mess that another person made. Anyway, this morning he called to tell me that there was good news so I went to this meeting with joy in my heart.
When I got there, he told me that I was the owner of a small non-profit company. I can now begin operating the school. Dreams are turning into a reality! The rest of today is reserved for celebrating. There's several little kids that will be celebrating with me. They'll be starting to school on Monday!
However, after the celebration, I will need to start looking at the next steps of the whole legal process. I now have a small non-profit company but it will need to be upgraded to a non-government organization in order for it apply for permits for other missionaries and of course for all the wonderful tax breaks.
Please keep this ministry in your prayers. It's been a fight to get to this point and not everyone is as excited as I am. Pray against attacks and pray that all will go smoothly over the next few weeks.

No comments: